Our New Home

Our New Home
Our New Home

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wow, what a difference a couple of weeks can make


When we arrived at SGF two weeks ago it was cold, snowy and icy!!  The last few days have been warm and sunny and we all have spring fever!!!  For the first time we felt like we could run a buck a little.  It felt soooooo good.  Jackie felt bad about keeping us in when the weather was so nice so on Thurs afternoon, when the big boys were out back, Jackie closed the gate and turned us back out in the smaller part of the pasture with the round bale.  At first the guys didn't notice us, but we sure noticed them.  Kat & Magree could have cared less; they had the round bale to themselves.

All of a sudden the boys noticed that we were turned out again and the came over to 'check us out'.  At first they stood on top of the hill looking down on us & then they decided to have a closer look.  Now mind you we have all met before but not all of the boys at the same time.  Pip was very polite while he and Jack were visiting .  That's Jack leaning against this thing that they call a fence.  Are they kidding that's no fence!  Anyway, Jackie chased us away because she didn't want us on the fence and then she muttered something about needing a new fence that wasn't worn out and one where the electric actually works!!  I don't like the sounds of that.


Then it was my turn, but his time all the guys had to come and check me out.  OMG!! I can't believe that Jackie wants to use that picture of me!!!  It makes me look like I'm built down hill, but actually I was standing on a very steep hill! Honest I was!!  On top of that she got my bad side.  Well I don't actually have a bad side, it's just that I don't like the side that still has the pink paint on my shoulder.                                                                        
  Since it was such a nice day Jackie stayed out with us for awhile and made sure we weren't getting into any trouble.  There she goes again, worrying about us getting into trouble.  Anyway, we didn't and she finally left and we stayed out almost until dark and then came in and had dinner and went back out at 10:00pm as usual.

The next day was even more beautiful and Jackie thought we could go out in separate pastures like we did yesterday.  Well it didn't go so well.  We all got together and when Gopher started to sniff around me I squealed and kicked at him. Jack thought he had to run to my rescue and went after Gopher who promptly decided that Jack needed to be put in his place.  I don't know what he was thinking; I can take care of myself.  Anyway Kyle and Jackie stepped in and put us back in the barn & we had to spend the rest of the beautiful day in the barn and we missed all the fun. I heard that the boys had a great time running around the pasture and then finished it off playing in the water jump.  I don't know why they call it a water jump; it just looks looks like a small pond to me.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Margee has been extra grumpy lately and she's complaining that she would rather be out with the boys.  This spring fever is complicating things. 

Hopefully Kyle won't be working tomorrow and he can spend more time with me.  I need a little lovin'

Jill



It has been a really nice weather the last few days and it really felt good to stretch my legs and loosen up my back with a few good bucks.  I really enjoyed the extra time outside when the weather was so nice.  But I have to set the record straight, if Jill hadn't blasted right through that flimsy ol' fence we wouldn't have gotten into any trouble and we could have stayed out all afternoon and today too.

On the bright side I have been getting groomed regularly in the wash rack (I haven't figured out why they call it that yet) and got a really nice grooming today.  I got to meet Kat's girl Laura again today and I showed her how good I can pick up my feet. I really like her and she really seems to like Kat a lot because she spends a lot of time grooming Kat and making a fuss over her.

I'm still waiting for my walk around the farm, but I guess my leading still isn't quite good enough.  I'll have to work on that.

Jack

4 comments:

  1. hi jack and jill, so glad you all are doing well, come on to farm tails and join us. jessie and blue would like to meet you. jessie was area champ in 2001 in baby novice and is 26 years old now. blue is 13 and still learning xc. you will want to join your other followers too. that is what blogging is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the beautiful photos as well as the wonderful commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Jack and Jill, you will be able to play with the other big horsies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not until the snow melts again & the grass starts to grow ;(

    Jill

    ReplyDelete